Are You a Mommy Makeover Candidate?
Pregnancy is an amazing experience, but it often leaves a woman's body forever changed, causing some mothers to feel insecure and unhappy with their appearance. Every woman deserves to feel beautiful, sexy, and confident in her skin. A mommy makeover can do just that. Mommy makeovers can be tailored to address each woman's post-pregnancy body concerns, restoring her confidence and pride in her body. Dr. Gregory T. Mesna provides consultations to create customized treatment plans for mommy makeover candidates at his Minneapolis, MN practice. To find out if you're a candidate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mesna today.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a customized treatment plan that consists of a variety of procedures to address the unique needs of each candidate. Regardless of how many or few treatments are used for each mommy makeover, the overall goal is to enhance and restore the overall appearance of women who are unhappy with their figures after childbirth.
Popular Mommy Makeover Treatments
A woman's body goes through many changes during pregnancy. The skin and abdominal muscles stretch, the breasts enlarge, and weight gain occurs. Many women develop stretch marks as a resulting of stretching skin and weight gain. While some younger women return to their pre-pregnancy appearance, many are left with permanent changes. Fortunately, there are multiple treatments available to address post-baby trouble spots and restore the tone and contours of a woman's body, including:
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a treatment used to surgically remove fat cells from stubborn areas that don't respond to diet and exercise. When used in a mommy makeover, liposuction can help sculpt the abdomen, thighs, arms, and back.
- Tummy tuck surgery: Many women are unhappy with the appearance of excess skin in the lower abdomen after pregnancy. Tummy tuck surgery can address loose, sagging abdominal skin to create a contoured, flat abdomen.
- Breast lift surgery: Breastfeeding can leave the breasts deflated and droopy. Breast lift surgery can restore a youthful, perky shape and appearance.
- Breast augmentation: Those who wish to add volume to the breasts may consider breast augmentation. Breast augmentation can be combined with breast lift surgery for added lift and volume.
Candidates for Mommy Makeovers
Many women make suitable candidates for mommy makeovers. Women who are considering undergoing a mommy makeover should be fairly sure they will not be having more children because additional pregnancies can affect the results of mommy makeover treatments. Additionally, candidates should also:
- Be in good general health in order to tolerate surgical procedures
- Not had a child in the last six months
- Stopped breastfeeding for at least four months if undergoing breast surgery
- Have excess skin or fat that won't go away with diet or exercise
- Have deflated, sagging, or drooping breasts
- Be close to their ideal weight
- Have realistic expectations and a healthy relationship with plastic surgery
Find Out if You're a Candidate
To find out if you're a candidate for a mommy makeover, or for more information about body sculpting and rejuvenating treatments, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mesna.