Eyelid Surgery for Men
While diet and exercise can help keep a body in shape and prevent some changes in appearance, there is nothing that can be done to prevent aging on the face, and in particular, around the eyes. However, patients can take action and treat these conditions. Blepharoplasty tightens the skin around the upper and lower eyelids to give patients a more youthful, alert, and improved appearance. Male eyelid surgery is popular at our Minneapolis practice because it allows patients to rejuvenate their appearance.
The eyes are one of the areas of the face that is most likely to show signs of aging. Loose, heavy skin around the upper and/or lower eyelids is common for men and women. Patients who may be ideal candidates for a blepharoplasty procedure include those with the following areas of concern:
- Heavy, droopy upper eyelids
- Obstructed vision due to eyelids that hang down below the lash line
- A permanently angry, stressed, or tired expression
- Heavy, puffy bags of skin beneath the lower eyelids
Although these characteristics may develop at any time, on average, patients undergoing blepharoplasty surgery are men and women in their 40s. A consultation with Dr. Gregory T. Mesna is the best way to determine candidacy for eyelid surgery.
Male eyelid surgery is tailored to the specific needs of each of our patients. Based on the conditions that are present, one of the following three techniques will be employed during a blepharoplasty procedure:
- Upper eyelid surgery: Upper eyelid surgery will be performed on men who have excess fat and skin along the upper eyelids. This includes patients who have difficulty seeing, or those who simply look tired, worn-down, or angry because the excess skin puts so much weight on the eyelids.
- Lower eyelid surgery: Lower eyelid surgery is ideal for men whose primary concern is excess fat and tissue beneath the lower eyelids. Typically described as “bags,” these puffy pockets of tissue can significantly age a person and make them look unrested.
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery: While some patients can get satisfactory results from just an upper or lower eyelid procedure, many have problems all around the eyes. In these cases, Dr. Mesna can combine an upper and lower eyelid procedure to give the entire area around the eye a smoother, firmer, and more youthful appearance.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
Most men who are looking into plastic surgery are not looking to drastically alter their appearance. Instead, they want to reverse some signs of aging in order to reclaim a more youthful and energetic appearance. Blepharoplasty surgery can do just that. It allows patients to rejuvenate their appearance while maintaining a natural appearance.
Schedule an Appointment
If heavy upper or lower eyelids are making you look aged, angry, and tired, consider what eyelid surgery can do for you. Dr. Gregory T. Mesna can tighten the skin around the eyelids and help you to reclaim your youthful appearance. To learn more about this procedure, schedule an appointment with Dr. Mesna at your earliest appearance. We look forward to hearing from you!