Cosmetic Treatments for the Arms
For women, slim and toned arms contribute to the overall aesthetics of the body. Among men, muscular, firm arms are considered to be the ideal. When the arms develop excess pockets of fat, or drooping areas of loose skin, it can greatly affect a person’s appearance and self-confidence. At Mesna Plastic Surgery, Dr. Gregory T. Mesna offers safe and effective cosmetic treatments for the arms. Patients from Minneapolis and surrounding areas can undergo body contouring surgery, which can permanently remove fat or tighten the skin. To learn more about the procedures we offer to improve the appearance of your arms, and find out if you are a good candidate for treatment, contact our practice today.
Cosmetic Problems that Affect the Arms
Patients may develop cosmetic problems on the arms as the result of genetics, aging, weight gain, weight fluctuations, excessive weight lifting, or certain medications. The most common aesthetic problems that affect the arms include:
- Excess fat: Patients often develop excess fat in the arms as the result of genetics. While most patients experience problem areas in the stomach, hips, buttocks, or thighs, some patients accumulate a disproportionate amount of fat in the arms. Often, the arms are the last area to respond to diet and exercise, making patients feel particularly self-conscious about their arms.
- Loose skin: Loose skin on the arms typically develops as a result of the aging process or weight fluctuations. Aging results in a loss of skin elasticity. Weight fluctuations cause the skin to stretch out; when weight loss occurs, the skin does not always shrink back to its previous state.
- Cellulite: Cellulite is caused by genetics, aging, and weight gain.
- Stretch marks: Stretch marks on the arms can be caused by weight fluctuations, intense weight training of the arms, and the use of steroids.
Cosmetic Treatments for the Arms
Dr. Mesna offers a number of surgical and non-surgical treatments for the arms, including:
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a surgical procedure in which excess fat is suction out of the body. Dr. Mesna will create tiny incisions in the arms, and remove targeted areas of fat.
- Arm lift: If you have developed excess skin on your arms, Dr. Mesna can perform arm lift surgery. During the procedure, an incision is made in the armpit, and may extend down the length of the back of the arm down to the elbow. Excess skin is then removed.
- CoolSculpting®: CoolSculpting® is a non-invasive fat removal procedure that uses the cryolipolysis™ technique to freeze fat cells, which are then naturally expelled from the body.
- Exilis: Exilis is a non-invasive procedure that can minimize fat deposits, tighten loose skin, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. It uses ultrasound waves with multi-polar radio frequency technology to encourage blood flow and increase collagen production.
- Eclipse MicroPen™: The Eclipse MicroPen™, or micro-needling, stimulates natural healing to encourage collagen and elastin growth. It can reduce the appearance of stretch marks and improve the appearance and texture of the skin.
To find out if you are a candidate for any of these treatments, contact Mesna Plastic Surgery today.