Liposuction of the Chin and Neck
The chin and the neck are among the first areas of the face, and indeed of the entire body, to show the tell-tale signs of aging. They are also among the areas of the body that are most resistant to exercise and diet, but highly vulnerable to the accumulation of unwanted deposits of fat. This makes them particularly popular targets for liposuction.
At Mesna Plastic Surgery in Minneapolis, chin liposuction and neck liposuction are among our most popular procedures for good reason. These procedures can take years off of a person’s appearance, making him or her look younger, trimmer, and healthier with minimal downtime and techniques that make scarring virtually unnoticeable. Dr. Gregory T. Mesna is a master of artful liposuction using a variety of advanced techniques, including the laser-assisted Smartlipo™ technique that produces the most aesthetically pleasing results ever before possible.
The Benefits of Liposuction of the Chin and Neck
Liposuction of the chin is potentially ideal for patients who wish to:
- Improve the appearance of a “double chin,” which can make them look older and heavier than they actually are
- Reshape chins that have become ill defined due to the accumulation of fat
- Reduce sagging of the chin that can cause the skin of the chin to blend in with the skin of the neck
- Rejuvenate the lower face without undergoing a more invasive face lift procedure
Liposuction of the neck produces numerous benefits for patients who want to:
- Achieve a slimmer, more elegant and shapely neck line
- Tighten neck skin that has become somewhat loose (especially patients under 40, whose skin is still fairly elastic)
- Improve the definition of their jaw lines
- Rejuvenate the neck, which can begin to sag due to the accumulation of fat
- Restore balance to facial features by bringing the neck into improved proportion with the face
Liposuction of the chin and neck can be performed individually, in conjunction with one another, or in conjunction with other plastic surgery procedures as part of a more comprehensive treatment plan. For example, patients who wish to address signs of aging only in the lower face may elect to combine liposuction of the chin and neck with Restylane® injections or even a mini facelift. Patients who are just beginning to show signs of aging in the neck and around the eyes might want to combine liposuction of the chin and neck with blepharoplasty, or cosmetic eyelid surgery. Whatever your needs and goals, you can rest assured that Dr. Mesna will customize a treatment plan specifically for you.
Candidates for Liposuction of the Chin and Neck
Suitable candidates for liposuction of the chin and neck should:
- Be in good enough health to undergo a surgical procedure, regardless of how minimally invasive it is
- Have realistic expectations for the results of the procedure
- Be willing to follow all post-surgical instructions provided by Dr. Mesna
- Be willing to commit to a healthy post-surgical lifestyle in order to maintain the results achieved through liposuction
- If they smoke, be willing to quit smoking, at least during the recovery phase
Learn More about Liposuction of the Chin and Neck
To learn more about liposuction of the chin and neck, please contact Mesna Plastic Surgery today.