Achieve a Slender, Well Defined Profile with a Neck Lift
The neck if often one of the first features to show signs of aging. Neck lift surgery is a targeted procedure which can improve sagging, loose skin on the neck and jaw line. During neck lift surgery, highly trained plastic surgeon Gregory T. Mesna may use several techniques including liposuction, muscle tightening, and the removal of excess skin to create a more toned, lifted appearance. To learn more about neck lift surgery, schedule a consultation at our Minneapolis surgical center today.
Prior to your surgery, Dr. Mesna will consult with you to understand which areas of your face and neck you are dissatisfied with. Neck lift surgery is designed to specifically treat the neck and jowls. During your evaluation, you will likely discuss other types of face lift to ensure that you choose the procedure that will best help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Customized Surgery for Enhanced Results
If you are found to be a good candidate, Dr. Mesna will adjust which neck lift techniques are best to customize your procedure. Common components of neck lift surgery include:
- Cervicoplasty - This procedure involves redraping the skin on your neck and removal of excess skin via small incisions. Dr. Mesna will make small, inconspicuous incisions so you will have minimal visible scarring.
- Platysmaplasty - A more comprehensive approach, platysmaplasty involves the tightening and redraping of your neck muscles, which can have a significant impact on the appearance of sagging on your neck as you age. Once Dr. Mesna has tightened these muscles, he may remove any excess tissue that remains.
- Liposuction - Used for many applications throughout the body, liposuction is an excellent contouring method, which gently suctions excess fatty tissue using a long, hollow instrument called a cannula. Liposuction can further enhance your neck's definition.
It is important to keep in mind, your individually-tailored neck lift may not require that Dr. Mesna performs each of these procedures.
Because of this effective, three-pronged approach, Dr. Mesna can address several issues during a neck lift:
- Loose Muscle Tissue - Also known as a turkey wattle, many patients develop this sagging muscle tissue as they age, compromising the definition of a patient's neck and creating a profile they are unhappy with.
- Excess Fat - By using liposuction to remove excess fat under the jaw line, Dr. Mesna can reduce the look of a "double chin," which may appear when you smile or speak, or exist even when your face is at rest.
- Sagging Skin - Excess skin on the neck usually appears after a patient has lost weight, or may develop naturally with age as skin loses its elasticity. While diet and exercise cannot tighten this skin, a neck lift can tighten and recontour tissue to create a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Additionally, you may choose to combine your neck lift with other treatments, such as abdominoplasty or breast augmentation, to achieve a more comprehensive makeover.
Learn More About Your Treatment Options
If you have considered plastic surgery to improve the appearance of your neck and boost your self-confidence, contact us today. We are happy to schedule a personalized consultation to discuss your options.