Liposuction Cost Minneapolis
Even with a healthy diet and exercise, our bodies are prone to retain deposits of fat in certain areas. Age, genetics, and pregnancy can all lead to the development of stubborn fat. If you are considering surgical treatment to slim and tone your body, you're probably curious about liposuction cost. Our Minneapolis team at Mesna Plastic Surgery is happy to answer any questions you have about the cost of liposuction during a consultation. Regardless of which type of body contouring you decide is right for you, Dr. Gregory T. Mesna has the artistic vision and technical skill necessary to sculpt your body into a slimmer, more beautiful shape.
What Liposuction Can Do for You
Liposuction involves the removal of fat cells from a targeted area of the body, and the procedure can be completed using a variety of techniques. During surgery, excess fat is removed using a thin cannula, a hollow tube that reaches fat cells through small incisions in the skin. Patients usually experience minimal scarring following treatment and benefit from results that are long-lasting when paired with an active lifestyle and healthy diet.
Weighing Cost & Benefits
In addition to the physical effects, we encourage our patients to consider the emotional and mental benefits of liposuction. Liposuction can help you achieve results you may have previously thought were unattainable despite your efforts to slim problem areas. Our patients have experienced excellent results in the past, reporting increased confidence and pride in their appearance.
We understand everyone has unique aesthetic goals and different budgets. With a range of flexible financing options available, we strive to make body contouring an affordable option for each of our patients. The cost of liposuction depends on a variety of individually determined factors, including the size and number of treatment areas, surgical technique chosen, and type of anesthesia you receive. The first step in calculating your total treatment cost begins with a consultation with a Dr. Mesna to discuss how your unique procedure will be performed.
Types of Liposuction
One of the most important decisions you will make regards the type of liposuction you choose. Most methods differ in the way that the fat cells are separated and removed from the body, offering slightly different results and recovery times. Available types of liposuction include:
- Tumescent Liposuction - To perform tumescent liposuction, Dr. Mesna injects a liquid which breaks down fat cells for easier removal. The liquid also has anesthetic and vasoconstrictor properties to reduce pain and minimize excess bleeding at the site.
- Ultrasound Liposuction - Ultrasound liposuction actually liquefies fat cells using ultrasound waves. Because it breaks down even the most stubborn fat deposits, this method is excellent for hard-to-treat areas like the back or legs.
- Power-assisted Liposuction - This method dissolves fat cells for easier removal using cannula vibrations.
- Liposculpture - Liposculpture is similar to liposuction but usually involves the removal of a smaller amount of fat. Its focus lies in the subtle reshaping of treatment areas by redepositing fat cells.
- Liposelection - This innovative technique uses specialized technology to target only fat cells, leaving nearby tissues undamaged. Benefits include a shorter recovery time and minimized trauma.
During your consultation with Dr. Mesna, he can help you decide which type of liposuction is best suited to meet your needs and cosmetic goals.
Learn More About Liposuction Cost During a Consultation
Liposuction is also an excellent complement to a number of other plastic surgery procedures, like tummy tuck or breast augmentation. If you are interested in learning more about the cost of liposuction, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mesna.