Thigh Lift Minneapolis
Many patients find that, although they eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly, it is simply not enough to slim their thighs. To help patients achieve firmer, more youthful-looking thighs, Dr. Gregory T. Mesna offers thigh lift procedures at his Minneapolis, MN, area practice. If you would like to learn more about how a thigh lift can benefit you, contact us to schedule a consultation.
A thigh lift can help create firmer, more youthful-looking legs, as well as a more proportionate overall shape.
What is a Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift is a cosmetic procedure designed to reshape the thighs by removing excess skin and tissue and tightening the remaining skin. It serves to create slender, more toned-looking inner and outer thighs. A thigh lift procedure can also create a more proportionate overall body shape.
About the Procedure
During a thigh lift procedure, Dr. Mesna will create an incision in the thigh area. The exact location will depend on the area of the thigh that is being treated. Next, we will remove excess skin and fat tissue, before tightening and suturing the remaining skin. Liposuction may also be performed at this time to help create more dramatic results.
Thigh Lift Techniques
Depending on your cosmetic goals, Dr. Mesna will recommend one of several thigh lift techniques: an inner thigh lift, mini thigh lift, bilateral thigh lift, or medial thigh lift.
- Inner thigh: Ideal for patients who wish to target their inner thighs, this technique involves creating an incision at the area where the thigh meets the pubic area.
- Bilateral thigh: Also known as an outer or lateral thigh lift, a bilateral thigh lift tightens the skin on the front and outside of the thigh. When performing this technique, we will create a v-shaped incision at the top of the leg where the lower edge of a bikini bottom would be.
- Mini thigh: Patients who have sagging skin in the upper third of their leg may be good candidates for a mini thigh lift. Although the incision site is similar to an inner thigh lift, it is smaller and requires a shorter recovery time.
- Medial thigh: This technique addresses excess skin and fat on the upper portion of the inner thigh. Like the inner thigh lift, this procedure involves making an incision in the groin which extends to the back of the crease of the buttock or hip.
What are the Benefits?
In addition to creating leaner, more shapely legs, a thigh lift procedure can:
- Decrease risk of irritation or infection caused by chafing skin
- Improve confidence and self-esteem
- Help make daily activities more comfortable to perform
- Make exercise easier
Who is a Candidate?
Patients considering a thigh lift should be in good overall health, and should not smoke. Additionally, a good candidate should:
- Have unwanted skin and soft tissue on their thighs
- Be able to maintain a stable weight
- Have realistic expectations of the procedure
- Be able to commit to maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen
During your consultation, Dr. Mesna will review your candidacy. If you are not currently a good candidate, he can explore other options with you, or re-evaluate you at a later date.
Contact Us Today
At Mesna Plastic Surgery, our friendly and professional staff look forward to helping you reach your aesthetic goals. If you are ready to take the next step toward slimmer thighs, contact us today to schedule your consultation.